Take the Right vs Left Brain Hemisphere Quiz below and tell us where you fall!
I am noticing more and more how uncreative I am.
I have friends, family and clients that love to create and do so by painting, crocheting, scrap booking, etc. They will spend hours creating their masterpieces. I have little desire to paint, knit, and crochet or anything that is related to creating a work of art. I am so different from my creative friends. Why can’t I be more like them?
But wait, I am creative in my own way. I am creative when organizing! When I organize, I am creating my masterpiece. I can also create a spreadsheet. Funny, but it is true. I couldn’t live without my spreadsheets because that is where I can quickly go to see my numbers. I know exactly how much money I bring in each month, and how much I need to pay out. My creative friends would probably laugh at me for saying I have a creative spreadsheet.
So why are we so different?
Because we have two hemispheres in our brain, a right hemisphere and a left hemisphere, and each side process information differently. Although we use both sides of our brain, artistic individuals tend to use more of their right side, and linear or logical thinking individuals use more of their left side.
When it comes to organizing, it is often easier for left brainers because they tend to be more analytical, detail oriented, and have sequential thinking, whereas right brainers tend to be more random, adventurous, and impulsive. If you are a right brainer and find it hard to get organized and stay organized, not to worry, you will find it much easier as you start to change some of the behaviours that caused you to become unorganized. If you need help in that area, I would recommend calling a professional organizer to help guide you through the process.
So which side of the brain do you use the most?
Take this Right vs Left Brain Hemisphere Quiz to find out.
Answer the questions “Yes” or “No” and when finished add up the number of “Yes” and “No” answers.
- I often show up early or on time for my appointments.
- I create a list of things I need to do for the day.
- I try to avoid taking risks.
- When it comes to paper, I am a filer not a piler.
- When it comes to doing projects, I like to follow tasks step by step until it is completed.
- When giving directions, I am more likely to give directions verbally, than drawing a map.
- I feel more comfortable if I stick to a plan.
- If I need to find something, it isn’t too difficult because most of my items have a home.
- I am more likely to take a strategic planning course than an art course.
- I don’t have to do that much tidying up before company arrives.
- I am not good at multi-tasking and prefer to do one task at a time.
- If I catch myself daydreaming, I stop myself because I feel it is a waste of time.
- I often check the time to make sure I am on track with my tasks.
- I prefer to have the top of my desk/kitchen counters cleared with only a few items on them.
- If I am uncertain about a decision I have to make, I will write down the pros and cons.
If you have more “Yes” answers, then you are a left brainer.
If you have more “No” answers, then you are a right brainer.
You use both sides of your brain equally if the number of “Yes” answers are almost the same as the number of “No” answers.
So are you a left brainer, a right brainer, or do use both sides equally? I did the test and I had 12 “Yes” answers, so I am a lefty!
All the best,
Need more help decluttering and organizing your home?
Make sure you sign up for my FREE Masterclass on the 3 Most Important Steps to Decluttering And Organizing Your Home!
Home Organizing Courses:
Are you ready to learn the tips and habits that will help you have an organized home? Check out our popular Calm the Clutter program.
You can also check out my course on Paper Organization: How to Declutter and Organize Paperwork HERE. A course for an unbelievable low price!
Would you like free organizing tips, documents, checklists, support from our members and more?
If so, be sure to join our Facebook community Organize for Success. Would love to see you there!
For a list of our favourite Amazon home organizing products go HERE
Follow Kathy on Instagram @kathyorganizes